Daily Archives: January 30, 2013
|January 30, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Belly Questionaire||
- How I’m feeling: The exhaustion that hit me- just like it did with D- was almost unbearable because the Toddler is a bundle of joy-energy-and he needs an outlet-daily. Unfortunately, I have been so tired- like can’t brush your teeth- comb hair-put on the right clothes-that taking care of myself-sans eating(totally necessary) was put on the back burner. Instead every little bit of energy I had was put into making sure my baby boy was taken care of and that he had fun each day. What that “fun” looked like-varied- day-to-day. But outings were shut down to one a day because getting out of the house twice?!? Was out of the question. Besides who wanted to see me? Teeth not being brushed til halfway through the day- hair, long and wild- clothes? Yep- yoga pants-yoga pants-yoga pants.
- Total weight gain: Seriously- I don’t weigh myself at home. Unless I have a bout of stomach flu like back on my 28th Birthday- where I went down to College weight(and below)- too skinny for my taste. So my thoughts? The belly is round. Looks like a small melon. I can hide the bump with a sweatshirt- but nope I wear that baby loud and proud now with snug cotton sweaters. My goal is to own my belly-more so than I did with my first pregnancy.
- How big is baby? The Little One is the size of a plum. Over two inches long! Getting bigger each and every day!
- Maternity clothes: Yes. Yes. Yes. Sure I can fit easily into any of my pre-pregnancy pants-shorts-tops-but I don’t want to be uncomfortable in the least as I chase(herd) the Toddler. So yoga pants, Old Navy Rockstar Skinny Jeans, Cotton tops and the belly band!-more on that in a sec.
- Stretch marks? Heredity messed up on this one. Even in college if any muscle got bigger I would get stretchmarks. No questions asked. BAM there they would be. With D- for some reason the Belly God’s thought they would mercifully let the belly be stretch-mark free. I am not holding my breath for two-for-two. But one can hope.
- Sleep: AWFUL. Getting up multiple times a night. The body pillow helps- but not enough. I finally broke out the belly band-the thing that helps you wear pants and shorts later into pregnancy-and boom slept more than I had in weeks- WEEKS. The saddest part of the whole not sleeping thing is that D has been sleeping between 12-14 hours a night- and he usually only sleeps 11- and I have been missing out on quality shut-eye. DARN. I guess its just a little reminder of how tough life with two little ones will be.
- Best moment this week: Feeling the Little One move around. Starting to feel movement last week-just like with D- and I forgot just how magical it really is.
- Movement: Check Above. <3
- Food cravings: Chicken Strips- homemade fries- apple juice.
- Food aversions: Anything not listed above.
- Labor signs: None.
- Belly button in or out: In.
- What I miss: Sleep. But its nothing that I can’t handle.
- What I’m looking forward to: Seeing the Little One in the future ultrasound!
- Milestone: ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL WE ARE OUT OF THE FIRST TRIMESTER!