Monthly Archives: February 2013
|February 28, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Little Blessings||
My mom was here last week for almost the entire week and it was PURE bliss. Since I was 18 years old I have never lived in the same city or in driving distance for that matter, of my sister’s or mom. Now that we are raising a family of our own my heart aches to have them close. Fortunately we get to see each other about twice a year- but that’s not enough.
Although- when we are lucky enough to be with them- we cherish the time we have. Hence the Social Media blackout over the last week. No twitter-no blogging- no email- no facebook.
And cherish we did.
D immediately took to Nana and they were the best of friends. Made my heart swell with joy!
Apparently, when I was little I took pleasure in helping ‘water’ the plants. And last week the weather was perfect to see what D thought about that. A solid hour of fun later we had to pry his little hands off the hose and bring him inside- he would be out there all day long watering if he could. <3
|February 26, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Belly Questionaire||
- How far along are you? 16 Weeks Along- Firmly in the Second Trimester
- How I’m feeling: Exhaustion is waning- thankfully. Our house is finally on the mend on being healthy-which is a god send- seriously-I have been sick for the majority of the pregnancy on top of 24 hour morning sickness so this is a welcome surprise for us.
- Total weight gain: About 5 lbs so far.
- How big is baby? The Little One is the size of an avocado. They can hear what we are saying- which means the Hubs now reads aloud our Clive Cussler books at night- yippee! Getting bigger each and every day!
- Maternity clothes: SAME-Yes. Yes. Yes. Sure I can fit easily into any of my pre-pregnancy pants-shorts-tops-but I don’t want to be uncomfortable in the least as I chase(herd) the Toddler. So yoga pants, Old Navy Rockstar Skinny Jeans, Cotton tops and the belly band!-more on that in a sec.
- Stretch marks? SAME-Heredity messed up on this one. Even in college if any muscle got bigger I would get stretchmarks. No questions asked. BAM there they would be. With D- for some reason the Belly God’s thought they would mercifully let the belly be stretch-mark free. I am not holding my breath for two-for-two. But one can hope.
- Sleep: Better than the first two months. I can sleep from about 10PM- 5AM and then have to beg myself to go back to sleep. At that point my body is so uncomfortable that I struggle to find a comfy spot even with all of the extra pillows. BUT- I am allowing myself to nap when D naps-otherwise I would be one cranky lady. Yes- the house is not as clean as it should be-but rest comes first right now-while I can get it.
- Best moment this week: Realizing The Belly is the same size as the Costco pickle jar. Yep- even took pictures. It is like it was meant to be.
- Movement: Yes- especially at night. The Hubs even felt movement last week.
- Food cravings: I don’t want to eat. EVER. And even if I think, “If you could have anything to eat in the world-what would you eat?” NADA- nothing comes to mind. Seriously, this is a problem people.
- Food aversions: Everything.
- Labor signs: None.
- Belly button in or out: In.
- What I miss: Not having a round face- le sigh- ah well comes with the territory for me.
- What I’m looking forward to: Seeing the Little One in the future ultrasound and finding out how many and if they are a boy/girl!!! Next Monday at 3PM!!!!
|February 15, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under D Monthly Updates, Life and Times in our House||
BBRRRRRRR- It was a cold and blustery day- so much so that we called the pool to see if they were still running lessons. Well, sure enough-they were. So off we went after D’s nap, in 50 degree weather… I was counting my lucky stars that it was the Husband’s turn to swim. Yep- I knew how that pool was only luke-warm- and boy did I not want to jump in.
D had a fabulous time- and we warmed him up with a fleece outfit-snow hat-and blanket when we were done. The Prius was HOT!
Overall, I am just so dang lucky that he loves the water so much- and that he is so brave. Seriously- he goes underwater to get toys and doesn’t even bat an eye. Yep- and he is only 15 months old. This summer is going to be a blast! Thinking our community pool will be visited daily.
|February 14, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Holidays||
|February 11, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under DIY||
Before: Walls of HIGH gloss white- YUCK. The sun literally made the walls have a glare on them from sunrise until 3PM- every-single-day. I chose to use a light gray that would warm up the house- feel cozy and go with the style of house I am working on- cozy cottage-farm house. Note- there are still many, many more projects our downstairs needs-so this is a continuous work-in-progress.
After two cans of paint- twelve hours of painting and taping- our house feels so much warmer- amazing what two coats of paint can do. Wish I would have done this much sooner. Glad I got it done before Baby #2 arrives. <3
<3 LOVE. <3