Daily Archives: August 6, 2013
|August 6, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Belly Questionaire||
- How far along are you? 39 weeks…..
- How I’m feeling: Large. Sweaty. Heavy. Hobbit feet. I have short energy bursts… Very short, and I can not wait until my mom gets here so the toddler can get some quality time with someone who has energy… Nana you can not get here fast enough.
- Total weight gain: 20 pounds of water weight added on in the last two weeks… Happened last time with the Toddler, my OB is not concerned in the least because I lost all of that water weight in mere days when D was born. I really, really hate when I step on the scale at the office and they only click over to the 100 lb mark- as if I was under 150 pounds….. I am not anywhere near 150…. But those stats are for a future post. They say I don’t look as much as I weigh…. And yet I am giving Kim K. A run for her money in the rear end race. Bring it Kim.
- How big is baby? The Little One is the size of a watermelon. A WATERMELON. Hence why I now speak whale fluently.
- Maternity clothes: SAME The black pants I bought when I was pregnant with the Toddler are way too darn tight on the belly. Yes, they are not maternity- but gosh darn it- they are my go-to pants for when my ankles swell like melons-because nobody needs to see that at Target- nobody. Sports bras, snug black yoga pants are about it- unless I have to look “respectable” and then I try my darndest to fit into one of the two maternity dresses I bought. But at 120 degrees outside- there really is no comfortable clothes in the universe that would make me feel better.
- Stretch marks? SAME-Heredity messed up on this one. Even in college if any muscle got bigger I would get stretchmarks. No questions asked. BAM there they would be. With D- for some reason the Belly God’s thought they would mercifully let the belly be stretch-mark free. I am not holding my breath for two-for-two. But one can hope.
- Sleep: SAME I wake up about six-seven times a night. Clocking in at about 3-4 hours of sleep. Zombie Mom over here.
- Best moment this week: We are four days away from holding our Baby Girl.
- Movement: Other than the fact that I am sure I have some internal bleeding. SAME-Yes- especially at night- and whenever I hold the Toddler- sibling rivalry at its finest folks. She kicks and punches at him with all her might. It would be precious if it wasn’t so painful.
- Food cravings: None.
- Food aversions: Anything too hot temperature wise, tuna, eggs…
- Labor signs: Contractions. Real ones…. They just never last longer than ten minutes. But I have scared the crap out of the toddler and husband- extremely painful contractions = screaming pregnant lady. Oh joy. Oh and I know pain. 26 hours of labor. 2 gel packs. 3 bags of Pitocin. Contractions off the charts for 12 hours. The epidural did NOT work. 2 inch tear. Yep. So when the contractions hit, and they hurt, and I whimper in pain- I know that I am not being a “wimp”.
- Belly button in or out: SAME In- but looking like it might pop out- it just disappeared with D- so that would be interesting.
- What I miss: SAME-Not having a round face- le sigh- ah well comes with the territory for me. Not being a whale. Not being too hot.
- What I’m looking forward to: Holding our Baby Girl. Seeing Nana. Watching the toddler become a big brother. I CAN’T WAIT.
I am being induced on Friday. People have asked if I am scared about being induced again? Nope. I know what to expect, worst case scenario the epidural-if necessary won’t work again- and I know that the pain is worth it- BIG TIME.