Monthly Archives: January 2013
|January 30, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Belly Questionaire||
- How I’m feeling: The exhaustion that hit me- just like it did with D- was almost unbearable because the Toddler is a bundle of joy-energy-and he needs an outlet-daily. Unfortunately, I have been so tired- like can’t brush your teeth- comb hair-put on the right clothes-that taking care of myself-sans eating(totally necessary) was put on the back burner. Instead every little bit of energy I had was put into making sure my baby boy was taken care of and that he had fun each day. What that “fun” looked like-varied- day-to-day. But outings were shut down to one a day because getting out of the house twice?!? Was out of the question. Besides who wanted to see me? Teeth not being brushed til halfway through the day- hair, long and wild- clothes? Yep- yoga pants-yoga pants-yoga pants.
- Total weight gain: Seriously- I don’t weigh myself at home. Unless I have a bout of stomach flu like back on my 28th Birthday- where I went down to College weight(and below)- too skinny for my taste. So my thoughts? The belly is round. Looks like a small melon. I can hide the bump with a sweatshirt- but nope I wear that baby loud and proud now with snug cotton sweaters. My goal is to own my belly-more so than I did with my first pregnancy.
- How big is baby? The Little One is the size of a plum. Over two inches long! Getting bigger each and every day!
- Maternity clothes: Yes. Yes. Yes. Sure I can fit easily into any of my pre-pregnancy pants-shorts-tops-but I don’t want to be uncomfortable in the least as I chase(herd) the Toddler. So yoga pants, Old Navy Rockstar Skinny Jeans, Cotton tops and the belly band!-more on that in a sec.
- Stretch marks? Heredity messed up on this one. Even in college if any muscle got bigger I would get stretchmarks. No questions asked. BAM there they would be. With D- for some reason the Belly God’s thought they would mercifully let the belly be stretch-mark free. I am not holding my breath for two-for-two. But one can hope.
- Sleep: AWFUL. Getting up multiple times a night. The body pillow helps- but not enough. I finally broke out the belly band-the thing that helps you wear pants and shorts later into pregnancy-and boom slept more than I had in weeks- WEEKS. The saddest part of the whole not sleeping thing is that D has been sleeping between 12-14 hours a night- and he usually only sleeps 11- and I have been missing out on quality shut-eye. DARN. I guess its just a little reminder of how tough life with two little ones will be.
- Best moment this week: Feeling the Little One move around. Starting to feel movement last week-just like with D- and I forgot just how magical it really is.
- Movement: Check Above. <3
- Food cravings: Chicken Strips- homemade fries- apple juice.
- Food aversions: Anything not listed above.
- Labor signs: None.
- Belly button in or out: In.
- What I miss: Sleep. But its nothing that I can’t handle.
- What I’m looking forward to: Seeing the Little One in the future ultrasound!
- Milestone: ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL WE ARE OUT OF THE FIRST TRIMESTER!
|January 29, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Reviews|
City Mini Stroller- Only 17 pounds- folds with one hand hold-which I can do with one hand-while holding the baby(large and in charge toddler now). We have used it almost every day for over a year- and it still looks brand new. LOVE the fact that it has three wheels too- so much more versatile than the four wheel friends out there.
Dr. Brown’s Bottle Pack– Prevent extra bubbles = less gas and cranky baby. EXTREMELY necessary for those that are bottle feeding and/or pumping.
Angelcare Baby Monitor– After I got home with my newborn and found out he was a swaddle Houdini- he could roll over when he was just days old and “travel” all of over his crib- I freaked and bought this gem. It should be called “Peace of Mind”. Because then I didn’t worry if my newborn rolled over and smashed his little nose into the mattress because this machine kept track of his breathing and movement. No movement- LOUDEST ALARM EVER TOLLS- I only had to respond to it once- when he had actually taken a longgggggg breath and kind of just laid there- I jostled him awake and there were no other alarms after that.
Sony Baby Monitor– the monitor we got originally- which is now the one we use now that our baby is a toddler. Excited that I don’t have to buy another monitor for Baby #2 in August- we will continue to use this one with the Toddler in his big boy room and the Angelcare will be used with baby #2.
Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker– Your infant has a cold? Can’t sleep flat on their back? Well this baby helps- I am not saying you should let your baby sleep in this through the night(although we did when he got the flu) because that is certainly not the intention nor the correct use of the product- but its possible. Plus there are calming vibrations you can turn on that make even my baby- who was the crankiest baby I have ever seen- relax. We borrowed this when we traveled to WA when D was 7 weeks old and BOY did he just love his “seat”- it also helped around month 2 when he started to bat at and play with the toys on the bar. I ordered our own when we were in WA ensuring that it would be waiting for us when we got back to the desert- that invaluable for our family. Multiple uses I tell you. NOW- my 35 pound toddler uses this chair in our living room to read in or take his cup over and drink like a “big boy” in a chair. So proud of himself. NOTE: swings and bouncers are expensive and some babies HATE them(like mine)- this is $35 bucks and can be used for years. Simple math.
Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets– we live in the desert so having a product that we can swaddle-layer or use to block the sun on car trips or while in the city mini are priceless. We have four- and I plan to buy four more for when we have baby #2 in August- we have used one or more every single day since our child was born back in 11/2011-they are priceless.
|January 28, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Life and Times in our House||
The Toddler has an endless amount of energy and I continue to try to find outlets that are both enjoyable and with other tots. After perusing the different options locally I found out that our Energy Company is giving free swim lessons to residents in our city. Outdoor swim lessons in January? Was I crazy? Yes. When I signed up it was still in the 20s in the morning with a high in the 40s…. but I kept thinking- the pool has to be heated…. right?
Well, yes and no. The weather was beautiful and remarkably in the 70s for our first lesson. The pool was “refreshing” but luke warm would be an overstatement. We were having too much fun to notice : ). When signing up for the lessons there were 1-12 Months or 18Months-3 years…. since D is 14 Months old(he looks like a four year old) I put him(and fudged his paperwork) in the 18Months-3 Year old group. We were with three other 2 1/2 year olds and I was so excited the D got to watch and learn from the older kids. He even dove under the water to grab a toy a couple of times. Plus-bragging here- he was the only one that didn’t cry or get upset- proud mom moment! Love that he can go under the water and that he is learning how to safely play and learn in the water. Most of my plans for the summer as a Preggo lady include pool time- so its fitting to keep up the trend and make sure I know what he can do/accomplish at his age.
This next lesson the Hubs is getting in the water- and I get to watch my two men splash around. Lucky to live out here in the desert this time of the year. <3
|January 23, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Belly Questionaire||
8 Weeks & Showing
At 10 Weeks I had my first OB Appointment with the same Dr. that delivered D. LOVE her office. One major fear of mine was that D would be going with me to each and every appointment this time around(there are rarely other babies there-like ever-weird?-yes) and the fact that he is an active, large and in-charge toddler worried me- to the point that I lost sleep the night before.
Well, shame on me. One of the other nurses stayed with us throughout the hour appointment and talked-played patty-cake and delighted my little baby boy as I got poked, prodded and analyzed. And all of the ladies were so sweet- they even commented that nobody brings in their kids and I told each and every one of them that D will always be with me because family lives 1000 miles away… and he is my little sidekick.
Well- my blood pressure was healthy- weight healthy- BUT- I do have a 1 in 3 chance to get preclampsia again so they are going to be vigilant about my blood pressure- HERE IS HOPING- no preclampsia please.
Overall, I have extreme-extreme exhaustion. Like brush your teeth is too hard to do- comb your hair? Why? Why? Yep- just like with D the 1st trimester has knocked me on my behind- but unlike with D- I could get rest. This time around chasing after a toddler? OHMYGOD. I can not wait until the first trimester is over. Take a look at that picture up there- you see those big bags? That tired smile? Yep.
ONE MORE WEEK. ONE MORE WEEK. ONE MORE WEEK.
|January 18, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Holidays||
Happy Friday All!
Although for our little family tomorrow will be Friday because the Hubs is working his second consecutive Saturday overtime shift, along with working on the Holiday on Monday. Super excited for that big fat paycheck because
I can spend it on– oh wait- we can pay off the water heater we bought from the Garage Gas Leak Fiasco of 2013. C’est la vie.
The past couple of days the Toddler has gotten the bad flu bug that I had over the Holidays and frankly I am still getting over(one month later). Poor little guy- coughing, saline rinses(he acts like I am killing him-although it does appear to be a form of water torture) and some medicine. Along with four new teeth Motherhood gave me a swift kick in the pants on Wednesday and boy was it a WHOPPER.
Nesting mode kicked in much earlier this pregnancy because I remember how I couldn’t(wasn’t allowed) to do anything the last month before D arrived. Plus, when you are the size of a whale- those “nesting” tasks seem so much harder. The entire downstairs is being painted-by me, myself and I. I need to pick up one more gallon of paint to finish part of the kitchen and do the trim by the ceiling. Anyone want to come over and stand on a ladder for a couple hours and do the trim for me? No? Well, it is my least favorite part. Good news is the house feels so much warmer with the new hue and a lot less, shall we say STARK. Seriously- high gloss white is a sin- and no house should ever be painted with it- ever.
I will go through the entries for the Little Green Pouch Giveaway this weekend and will contact and announce the winner on here next week.
D starts his second round of swim lessons tomorrow. He LOVES the water so it will be fun to watch how he does- and it was FREE. Our city is giving two rounds of swim lessons free to anyone that signs up.
I had my first OB appointment over a week and a half ago- will update how our new little one is doing and share some belly pictures next week. At ten weeks this time I look easily 23 weeks pregnant. Easily. The frumpy stage of is she? Isn’t she? Never happened. Which was my least favorite part last time around. : )
Hope you are all having a fabulous day!