Monthly Archives: March 2013
|March 26, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Life and Times in our House||
Google Reader is going away this summer- so I have switched over to Bloglovin!
|March 26, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Belly Questionaire||
- How far along are you? 20 Weeks Along- We are half-way there!
- How I’m feeling: Well- nesting is in full-force. The belly gets in the way now. And D being 34 lbs makes for one heck of a work out- plus the 3 miles walks-park time- backyard water play and the essential herding of said Toddler keeps me very, very active. I hit a wall around 6PM- and the wall caves down on me around 9PM.
- Total weight gain: 6-7lbs. Very different than with D. No time to rest-or sit for that matter with this pregnancy.
- How big is baby? The Little One is the size of a banana. Getting bigger each and every day!
- Maternity clothes: (Same) Yes. Yes. Yes. Sure I can fit easily into any of my pre-pregnancy pants-shorts-tops-but I don’t want to be uncomfortable in the least as I chase(herd) the Toddler. So yoga pants, Old Navy Rockstar Skinny Jeans, Cotton tops and the belly band!
- Stretch marks? (Same) Heredity messed up on this one. Even in college if any muscle got bigger I would get stretchmarks. No questions asked. BAM there they would be. With D- for some reason the Belly God’s thought they would mercifully let the belly be stretch-mark free. I am not holding my breath for two-for-two. But one can hope.
- Sleep: I get up 2-3 times a night. Wake up no matter what at 5AM- and D changed his morning wake-up from 8:30AM- 7AM- so sleep is futile at this point.
- Best moment this week: Getting D’s big boy room finished- now we just need another crib. We found another crib mattress- just need another crib.
- Movement: Tons- she keeps me up at night- but its a good feeling!
- Food cravings: Nothing.
- Food aversions: Chocolate.
- Labor signs: None.
- Belly button in or out: In.
- What I miss: Sleep. But its nothing that I can’t handle.
- What I’m looking forward to: Seeing our baby girl in the future ultrasound!
- Milestone: 20 weeks and we are having a BABY GIRL!
|March 25, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Adventures in Cooking||
|March 23, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under DIY||
Our old dishwasher- the one rusting- caked in calcium deposits-the one that was a dirty brown color(I wish I was kidding) has been replaced. YEP. As we were in Lowe’s picking up a ceiling fan and light for D’s big-boy room I went to the back where they put dinged up or last year’s models out at a drastically-reduced price. I found a BEAUTY. She is bold, beautiful and such a good quiet cleaner- all for hundreds less because it was a year old. WINNING. The only caveat is that it uses a different type of plumbing hook-up than our previous one so I ended up having our local handy-man come and put(what we thought was going to be easy) in our dishwasher. To the Husband’s credit- he hooked up the electrical by hand-there was not a plug in- AND he didn’t shock himself- AND it worked. Either way- we have a bright shining new star in our kitchen. One that which is neither an eye-sore nor 10 piece band thwacking away at our plates. : )
|March 22, 2013||Posted by Holly Marie under Life and Times in our House||
I did it! I enrolled in Toddler classes for D and I at our local community center! We are going to do the Gym Runners class- which is full of games, circle time and parachute fun once a week. Plus, at the end of April I signed us up for swim classes that meet three times a week. OH- and there is Toddler Tumbling Time every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-11AM. We went this past Tuesday and after an hour and a half D walked over to the door patted it and was all done. We walked out holding hands and he took one of the BEST.NAPS.EVER. After the week we have had- I am looking forward to time at the center this summer. While it is 115 degrees outside, we will be in the cool AC playing with kids and having a blast. I will not let us be cooped up in the house all summer- for both of our sanity’s.
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.